Friday, April 11, 2014

On the Way to Hachiko


Last Tuesday, we had time to kill before our welcome party in the evening, so we decided to go to Shibuya. I was actually the one who insisted on going because I wanted to see the Hachiko statue before I get busy with school. Plus, our party venue was just three stations away from Shibuya. We walked from our school, which is located in Omotesando, to Shibuya. It usually takes 20-30 minutes to go there, but since it was our first time, we  got a little lost. Good thing we were able to find a nearby map that helped us find our way. And honestly, it felt a little good getting lost.

Eventually, we found our way. I was really amazed seeing the Shibuya crossing and, of course, Hachiko for the first time. Since it was a Tuesday, there weren't much people. We got to walk around a little, but decided to spend the rest of our waiting time at McDonalds because we were too tired. I ordered their 100yen coffee, and then we headed to our welcome party. 

I sometimes still can't believe I get to see these places that I only used to dream about. I miss home, but I also love the new independence that I have here in Japan. Today, I even got to go to Harajuku (for my next post!) on my own. I also finished some of my laundry and cooked my own dinner. Truly, there is a sense of contentment from accomplishing things, even the mundane tasks.

with a tired feet,

No comments:

Post a Comment