Wednesday, January 6, 2016

On 2016

This might be a little late (or maybe not), but Happy New Year, dear reader/s! I said it already in my instagram birthday post, but I will say it again. 2015 was a very great year for me. 2015 was the year that I made many of my dreams come true, such as going to Universal Studios for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I honestly admit that I teared up when I stepped on the replicated cobble stones of Hogsmeade, drank butterbeer, and went on the "Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey" ride. I also cried when I almost lost my Hermione wand (but the staff found it!).

I was also able to get a working visa here in Japan, so I can now live in my dream country. I still consider Philippines as my home, and nothing beats home. But for now, Japan is where I need to be. Here, I am my own woman. Here, I rely on myself, and it's a very liberating feeling. 

I do get sad and lonely sometimes. I look for my mother's touch on days when I am sick; I miss being driven to places by my Kuya; And I miss the ruckus and noise of my family on holidays. But I just think of the sadness and loneliness as experiences that I need to become stronger, and I believe that I've become more stronger than when I was in the Philippines.
I'm looking forward for this new year, because this year, I am open to new things. Last year was all about fulfilling my dreams, and I did it. Thus, for this year, as I live my dreams and continue to fulfill more, I want to see new things, feel new things, and experience new things. So I say, bring it 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment